Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Today














Light, then dark, then light. I never doubt that light is transitory but in the darkness I wonder if the sun will ever return.

It does. Always. But this is the season of the winter solstice when it shines mainly on the other side of the world. Today there is no avoiding the tempest and the cold. Better to find a thick, warm blanket and wait for the storm to blow itself out.

Or alternatively I could go outside, close the door behind me and walk into the dark eye of it.

7 Comments:

Blogger herhimnbryn said...

Mmmmm, two good choices. I wonder which way you went? You are so right about the sun being on the other side of the world.......today in Perth the temp soared to the mid 30's and the flies have taken a liking to the shade provided by my front porch.......not pleasant!

A little cold would be most welcome.

Get the blanket round you AND go out M:)

9:52 am  
Blogger Pauline said...

Or you could do both - a little adversity gives us a different perspective, yes? At the very least, you would doubly enjoy snuggling under that blanket once you were back inside :)

I wonder if there is a universe that does not operate on the premise of relativity? Would the inhabitants be ever joyous or always gloomy?

11:36 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

The best friend I ever had was a blanket.
Warm thoughts to you during this chilling time. Pull up your blanket to your chin and be warm.

1:29 pm  
Blogger MB said...

into the dark eye of it
wonderfully expressed!

3:57 pm  
Blogger off line said...

I'm for the blanket idea...a warm blanket and a good book or a good movie...
I'm chilled myself so am going to do the same.

8:18 pm  
Blogger Brenda Clews said...

Oooh, lovely! Into the storm, inner, outer, they all become one. Beautiful writing!

8:52 pm  
Blogger Mary said...

Thank you all. xoxo

6:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home