Thursday, May 25, 2006

Alphabet Meme

Perfume
Another meme. I've been tagged by rdl. Everyone seems to be doing this one .... and I can't resist either.

Accent: Home Counties English with, apparently, the occasional Australian vowel. Don’t ask me why … I have no connections with Down Under.

Booze: None. Just for today.

Chore I hate: Ironing – if I can buy non-iron I do.

Dogs/cats: Pale ginger cat.

Essential electronics: Mobile phone, computer, digital camera, stereo.

Favourite perfume/cologne: I don't wear perfume all the time but when I do it's generally Burberry's .

Gold/silver: Silver. Definitely. I am allergic to gold.

Hometown: Where I live. Currently London but not for too much longer.

Insomnia: Frequently.

Job title: Cook/housekeeper for the cat (unpaid), massage therapist, temp secretary.

Kids: Nope.

Living arrangements: Pleasant one-bedroom flat. Again, not for much longer.

Most admired trait: Outward unflappability. If they only knew.

Number of sexual partners: Who's asking? And why?

Overnight hospital stays: The most recent was for a blocked salivary gland. Very unglamorous.

Phobia: Looking stupid in public.

Quote: All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well. – Dame Julian of Norwich.

Religion: Indefinable.

Siblings: 1 sister. We’re good friends too.

Time I usually wake up: c. 5.00 am.

Unusual talent: Cockling. Put me on a coastal mudflat and give me a bucket and I can find cockles more quickly and easily than most.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Onions. I like them but my insides don’t.

Worst habit: Obsessive worry. And it is definitely a habit.

X-rays: Back, front, and teeth.

Yummy foods I make: Simple stuff. Roast chicken, with vegetables and roast potatoes. Grilled salmon. Home made vegetable soups. Fresh fruit salad.

Zodiac sign: Gemini. And I blew out the candles on my birthday cake yesterday ..... another reminder to live each day well.

I’m not tagging anyone specifically but if you decide to do it, let me know.

16 Comments:

Blogger leslee said...

Happy Birthday, Mary!

This is fun! I would have tagged you but I hate to put people on the spot.

12:42 pm  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARY!
ALL THE BEST TO YOU!

Love reading this meme because it's a way to know better you.

And thank you so much for your nice words about my family and Flora!

2:19 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

Enjoyed reading this and Happy Birthday Mary! good think i tagged you or we'd never had none. Hope you had fun.

3:02 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

oops/typos - thing and known. hand not working so good after steroid shot other day and also pre coffee.

3:04 pm  
Blogger Brenda Clews said...

Delightful! Makes me feel like I know you a teeny bit better. And Happy Birthday! Here's to the best year ahead~ xo

3:05 pm  
Blogger Patry Francis said...

Love your Julian of Norwich quote--and learning more about you. Wish you were closer so we could have tea.

Happy birthday!

3:13 am  
Blogger Jess D'Zerts said...

Hope you had a great birthday, Mary.

Did the meme...

6:07 am  
Blogger MB said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Mary, happy birthday to you! ...And many mooooooooore!

I had fun reading this, Mary, thanks for sharing a little bit more about yourself!

10:48 pm  
Blogger LJ said...

Oh Damn! Oh M! I should be shot.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! HAPPY SOLAR RETURN!!!
Forgive me being A.W.O.L.!
I hope this is a wonderful year for you. Full of joy and discovery and all good things.

1:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday (belatedly) Mary :^)

The yummy foods one almost had me inviting myself over for dinner, but it's a little bit far...

6:14 am  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Hippo Birdie, two Ewe!

3:26 pm  
Blogger Endment said...

Wow- so much has happened since I have been away from blogging for a couple of days... First of all a belated Happy Birthday!

Delightful responses to this meme

10:29 pm  
Blogger Mary said...

Thank you all so much for your kind wishes. They really have made my week all the more enjoyable

10:46 pm  
Blogger herhimnbryn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY.

A lovely post as usual. Feel I know you a little more.
Hope you had a great birth day and pampered yourself right royally!

8:32 pm  
Blogger Mary said...

Herhimbryn: thank you!

9:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! Did I miss your birthday? Happy Belated Birthday Mary!Virtual cake for you on the way!:)

Am going to try out this meme soon!

2:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home