Monday, February 06, 2006

Anonymity quandry

I am running into the difficulty Jean blogged about here, albeit in a different context. I went with a friend I met through work, her husband and another friend, to see a one-woman show last night at a fringe hang-out not far from where I live. G, the performer, when she isn't singing, is a temp secretary in the organisation where my friend works and where I was employed until a couple of weeks ago.

G was stunning. A voice to die for, wonderful choice of songs, good patter inbetween. The evening was a total eye-opener for me who had previously only known her slightly as a rather quiet temp in her other, office, life.

I would love to shout her name from the rooftops here, put links up right, left and centre, and urge any theatrical agents who happen to come across this blog to book her IMMEDIATELY. But I want to keep this blog anonymous and I don't want my cover blown. Quoi faire?

4 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Post it anonymously on a blog more of a lure for agents.

I'd help, but my blog is no more of a draw, probably less, and I'm on the wrong side of the pond.

3:41 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm no Agent, but it sounds like you had fun!

11:27 pm  
Blogger MB said...

...email someone you trust and have them put it on their blog? Still might be too close...

What a quandry! Zhoen's idea is better than anything I've been able to think of so far.

2:54 am  
Blogger Mary said...

Thanks all for your comments. Zhoen's advice is very good. I will also simply tell everyone I can think of about her.

2:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home