Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Happy

  1. I returned yesterday evening to the yoga class I had stopped attending last June when I aggravated an old sacro-iliac problem. I sat at the back of a beginners' class and gently coaxed my stiff body back into some of the familiar asanas. I was able to allow myself to stop when I needed to stop, and not to compare myself too much with my younger, suppler classmates. And this morning on awakening I felt wonderful - it is as if my body is coming alive again! I will return, and hope that I can keep this awareness of my limits as well as my possibilities.

  2. I am not working today so I ran a few errands in the centre of town. It was crisp, cold and sunny, and I sat watching the world go by from the top deck of the bus as it trundled across the river, along past the Houses of Parliament and down Whitehall. Alighting at Trafalgar Square, I called into the National Portrait Gallery for a quick peek at the moving, yet joyful and fun Look at Me exhibition, a collection of self-portaits by (often disadvantaged) community groups from across the UK.

  3. And I've come home with a superb selection of library books: a memoir by Karen Armstrong; The Places that Scare You by Pema Chodron (because I couldn't resist a title like that); and a couple of thrillers (because I can't not have a crime story within reach).

  4. Happy.

9 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

1. Reading this
2. Post
3. Makes me very
4. Happy

4:02 pm  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Thanks for the link to "The Place that Scare You" by Pema Chodron. Very interesting to reading about "living with less fear, less anxiety and a more open heart."

4:24 pm  
Blogger leslee said...

Ah, I know about sacroiliac problems. Gah. Glad you can do yoga again. I find it really helps a lot, so long as I'm careful. The current yoga classes I'm taking seem to be really good at strengthening the back.

3:12 am  
Blogger MB said...

... and I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Chodron book (here or at 100 days) when you've gotten into it.

5:01 am  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Mary, thanks for your nice comment!
How lucky you are to know Egypt!
Did you took many pictures?
Would be great to see some them!

6:43 pm  
Blogger Dale said...

:-)

8:36 pm  
Blogger Jean said...

Coming back here after several days away made me feel quietly happy for you, as well as happy for me that I know you. The sense that we are all dealing with life together and sometimes, gosh, if we really stay open, we actually get a bit clearer is wonderful - especially wonderful that hearing or seeing someone else doing this is automatically supportive to one's own path.

9:50 am  
Blogger I Feel Good said...

Happy to know you're happy!:)

5:20 pm  
Blogger Mary said...

Thank you all!

Moose/Sonia/Dale/Apples4me: :-)

And I will comment on the Pema Chodron book when I have read it.

Leslee: Gah indeed to the sacro-iliac problems. And thank you for your yoga encouragement. I think the key will be to remain vigilant and careful.

Sonia: see today's post re Egypt pix!

Jean:I was so touched to read this, thank you. You have been a real role model when it comes to blogging, and aspiring to do it well. I do hope you are feeling better? And I am really looking forward to 10th December

7:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home