Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Blogger update

Thanks for the comments on the thread below.

Blogger Support (now known as Graham) and I have exchanged a couple of emails re my uploading problems. Graham has emailed me overnight to say that he has tested my upload feature and it is working fine from his end. I tried it again just now. Still kaput. I did suspect there might be something amiss on my laptop, and now this looks more likely. I will probably contact my computer chap.

In the meantime, few if any pictures. Having got used to the look of the blog with them and realised how they can highlight and illuminate without words, I now feel rather exposed. It's like going to a social event where everyone else is dressed beautifully and I'm wearing no make up and jeans. In other words, people may like me but it won't be because of my external appearance *grin*.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Hmm. It's weird that you started getting this problem at the same time as I did. But I can upload pictures now, so I guess the natural conclusion is that the problem may indeed be at your end. If you have more time than money available right now you might try installing Hello or registering for Flickr and see if uploading via either of these works.

11:20 am  
Blogger MB said...

Mary, I like you just the way you are. ;-)

4:12 pm  
Blogger Zhoen said...

If you can keep you head when all about you are dressed in silk, while you are in jeans....

12:20 am  
Blogger Mary said...

Jean: I will eventually but not at the moment!

Moose: [[Moose]]

Zhoenw: It's a tall order ;-)

4:47 pm  
Blogger MB said...

Mary, did you ever get resolution to this? I have been trying today UNSUCCESSFULLY to load a photo. Never had trouble before, and nothing on my computer's changed since I last loaded a photo (which was before you & Jean had any trouble).

Everything appears to proceed normally until I actually click the upload button to upload the file, at which point the loading icon spins endlessly. Finally, I get a message saying my browser can't reach the upload page on at blogger.com.

Is that what's been happening to you? I've emailed support to see what they say. Immensely frustrating, as I'm sure you'll agree.

9:52 pm  
Blogger MB said...

Well, I got the photo up, using my home computer. Different connection, pc not mac, IE not Safari, and a few hours later. Don't know what the problem was.

10:39 pm  
Blogger Mary said...

Moose, no my problem isn't fixed yet, and I am finding the whole thing just too stressful to handle at the moment so am leaving it until I am feeling physically better.

I am glad you managed to post your photo though!

7:13 am  
Blogger MB said...

I'm going to have to try again because I never did figure out what the problem was with the other computer. But you, you definitely should rest up and cradle yourself back to good health! {{Mary}}

4:16 pm  
Blogger Dale said...

I've always had a thing for women in jeans with no makeup.

10:37 pm  
Blogger Mary said...

Moose: Any luck?

Dale: ;-)

7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home